My name is Kit Stewart
From brick & mortar to online, the legacy of fashion and fund-raising rolls on. Serving the Tampa Bay community for over 27 years, since inception in 1996, Kit’s has delivered $1M+ to local non-profits through chairing, producing, and organizing Fashion Show extravaganzas throughout the Tampa Bay community.
Kit & Ron Stewart - Tampa, FL (home)
Dana Walks the Runway!
The Florida Fashionistas got their start in 2005 when Kit offered to fulfill a wish for the Children’s Dream Fund - it just so happened that one precious little girl’s dream was to walk the runway. Dana, then seventeen, beautiful and petite, had been diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma. Kit went to work, gathering her friends (which included many of her customers), and said “Hey, we’re going to have a fashion show! Everyone just kind of came forward to help make children’s dreams come true.”
Dana, walking the runway - a dream come true!
The first “Fashionista” event hosted by Kit and her husband, Ron, took place in their backyard (time was short and saving money on a venue would help raise more money for the children) and was a huge success, netting the Children’s Dream Fund nearly $100,000! From that point on, the shows never stopped coming.
Kit & Lauren Dungy
"Pre" Children's Dream Fund Show" in Stewart's backyard.
As it turned out, this amazing group of women, who loved fashion also had the heart to serve and became known as the Florida Fashionistas. No one received a dime, for their hard work and the time they gave. Many of Kit’s shows took an entire year to organize and produce from start to finish and bring to the runway.
Fashionistas, all were "Angels in Disguise"
Showtime was the day everyone looked forward to, the Fashionistas got to walk the runway, and savor the brief glory of the Grand Finale. The real moment of celebration though arrived when the result of each show was known; thanks to Kit’s and the Florida Fashionistas’ hard work and time devoted, countless non-profits have benefited from this passionate cause.
A night to remember - Focus on Females Event (2008) Grand Finale. Fashionistas joined by Anita Pointer singing "I'm So Excited"on the runway!
Kit's Well Dressed Online
Fast forward, 27 years later, Kit is here online to serve you and give you a place to participate and meet the other Angel Sponsors who have joined us as we continue “fun" raising.
65% of net proceeds from the monthly membership dues will be donated to the highly rated and worthy 501(c)(3)'s listed below.* The remaining 35% will go to help offset benefits given to the Angel Sponsors and cover operational costs.
We may not be walking the runway anymore,
but we’re all here making a difference. Thank you for joining the Fashionistas Team - you are all "Angels in disguise."
Dress for Success - http://firstname.lastname@example.org/
Children's Dream Fund - https://childrensdreamfund.org/
Positive Spin Inc. - http://positivespinfl.org/